|S. Jaworski-Stranc morning on Rugg Road, oil on panel|
|S Jaworski-Stranc, Vista of Hudson River Valley, oil on panel|
A dear painter friend and I stayed at the Greenville Arms 1886 Inn in Greenville, New York, for our 'artist retreat' painting trip. Kim LaPolla, fiber artist and director of the Hudson River Valley Workshops and her husband, Mark LaPolla, Chef de Cuisine and Chocolatier cater to artists in an all-inclusive environment meaning Kathy and I were in good artistic company, well fed, well cared for during our week long painting adventure in the Catskills.
Besides painting the inspiring mountains, we painted looming waterfalls, small ponds and quiet lakes, barns and fields.
We were once buzzed by a drone operated by SUNY scientists studying the growth of trees at Lincoln Pond.
We took afternoon swims in nearby ponds, clandestinely because swimming was not allowed.
- Traveled the Hudson River School Art Trail beginning with Thomas Cole's Cedar Grove, the Main House and Studio
- Visited the historic site, Olana: Hudson River School painter Frederic Edwin Church's home, studio and designed landscape
- Visited the famous Kaaterskills Falls
- Hiked to and painted a breathtaking panorama at the once Catskill Mountain House site at North South Lake
- Toured via of a tram the magnificent, 500 acre large scale sculpture park, Storm King, in New Windsor, NY
artists at work
|to read Kathy's blog about the trip|