Friday, January 17, 2020

Concord Art Member Juried show

There were 86 pieces of artworks,all paintings and sculpture, accepted into the CAA Member Juried Show.   My plein air painting, Winter Pond Series 2, was one of the pieces selected for the show.  Six artists were singled out by jurors, Emily Eveleth and Penn Young, and given special recognition with monetary awards at last night's reception... and I was one of them.


Jurors' statement regarding my painting: "We admired the subtlety in composition, tones and values. So too, the certainty in the paint application.  The scene is wonderfully observed and the scene beautifully cropped.  We liked that the brushwork was loose and free, yet done with control."


I couldn't describe my painting process better than those written words. Thank you.

Here are the four paintings I painted separately last winter at Maudsley State Park.  Enduring cold toes are worth beautiful paintings. This winter, I am waiting for the perfect winter storm, so I can get out and engage with the elements.



No comments:

Post a Comment