Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Is it February?

No snow. Temperatures in the 40's. Brown and grey. Ho Hum.

This morning there were dozens of robins in my backyard, thrashing through leaf litter looking for nourishment.  My sumac tree with its cone-shaped clusters of red berries was an inviting treat for these migrating feathered harbingers.  For us humans, making sumac tea from these wild edibles is supposedly a refreshing autumn drink that tastes like lemonade. Never tried it.

With the sighting of my garden chives peaking through the ground, I guess with Punxsutawny Phil not seeing his shadow this past Feb 2, his forecast of an early spring looks to be correct.

But I am holding out hope for a few more snowy days for painting . Below is a a little stream in Maudsley State Park I painted recently. Brown and grey. Ho Hum.



No comments:

Post a Comment